Wednesday, March 11, 2009

My brother called tonight to tell us that a hospice nurse came to the apartment today and based on the changes that she has seen in Lauren since last week, she feels that Lauren only has 2-3 days to live. My Mom and Stepdad are driving from Illinois to Indiana in the morning. Brian and I are flying out tomorrow at 7:40 AM. We should get to Logansport, Indiana by about 1:00 PM.

She hasn't eaten anything in the past two days.....maybe a little soup or pudding or something....I can't remember what Glenn told me. He said she has barely drank 3 oz. of fluid in that time. She woke up once yesterday and saw her brother Lance. She asked him if he wanted to play a game with her. I don't know if they played.

Earlier today she woke up and everyone was standing at the foot of her bed. The hospice nurse was there. She opened her eyes and smiled at everyone and waved. That's Lauren. She's not speaking today....too weak. When I was on the phone with Glenn tonight he said to me "Its all so sad, just so sad....she tried to talk tonight." All he understood was "I" and "want, want" and "go." He said that her Aunt Tamara and stepmom Phoebe began to cry. He asked them what Lauren had said because he hadn't understood. They said that she said "I don't want to go.' I hope that is not true. We don't want her to go either.....but we don't want her to be afraid. As Glenn and I were talking tonight, they came and got him to go upstairs and be with Lauren because she is very agitated tonight. Hospice had been called back out......and we hung up.

I pray that she has a peaceful, quiet night......of beautiful, tranquil dreams. I really continue to pray that she will beat this as she did when she was five. She has fought so hard for so long. But I also pray for her to find peace and happiness and God's love.

I pray that if this is the end, that she not be afraid. I pray that she is alive when I get there. I pray that my brother will survive this.

If you are reading this, I ask for your prayers too. Thank you.

1 comment: