Monday, March 9, 2009

Our Trip to Indiana

Brian and I went to visit Lauren, Glenn and Blake between Saturday, February 21st and Tuesday, February 24th. Lauren is hanging in there. She is thin, pale, weak.....she sleeps a lot. She doesn't go much of anywhere....she pretty much stays in the apartment moving between her bed and the couch. She is still lucid and knows all that is going on. We played two games of Rummy Kubes....a few hands of Phase 10 while we were there. She eats like a bird. Although she wants to eat, not much agrees with her. She threw up one time while we were there. It was all green fluid and kept coming and coming and coming. It was an unbelievable amount. I felt so sorry for her. She just wiped her mouth off and laid back down. I offered her some water; she didn't want it. I couldn't have done that. I bought her this really soft, furry, orange body pillow on Monday before we left. I hear from my Mom that she loves it....that she sleeps with it.


At one point around Christmas, she wrote a letter to my brother. In it she told him that she was OK with dying, that she had made peace with God, and that she knew one day she would be dancing in heaven with Jesus. But recently she has been saying that she is not ready to die, that she is scared to die. Of course this is hard for everybody. We don't want her to go, and she doesn't want to go. Darcy with a local Presbyterian church comes to see Lauren. I don't know how often; I don't know if it is enough. But I know that she likes Darcy.

All in all, I am glad that we went to see her, my brother and Blake. We will go back in a few weeks, although Brian told me that my brother told him that by the time a few weeks passes, she may not recognize us.

No comments:

Post a Comment